captured action

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 28 May 2003 13:35:19 +0200

Terry,

if there are screws from the plate towards the stretcher, in my
experience that always mean the stretcher is not glued, and it can be
pulled up, or front sometime but it is indeed guided in mortises left
and right. Other elements of the case may be in the way and to be
dismounted before it accept to move.

I've seen that mostly on smaller grands (to the point the action can't
be pulled out without removing the stretcher).

That should explain why you find it moving easily also.

After scratching head once or twice, one dismount the guides of the
desk and obtain clearance for the stretcher generally !

FWIW

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.