Stringing Braid and the perception of doing it right

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 08:22:10 -0600

Hi Phil,
              Some pianos will only have the back scale over tones show up,
under it's own particular circumstances.  Older Yamaha CF's often have a
distinct A5 sound as if it has a damper problem, when it's played hard.
Extend the braid felt an extra 3 notes and wow it's gone.

I've cleaned up a lot of vertical pianos by braiding the bass and tenor
sections.  But as Jim has said,  It's a piano by piano thing.
Baldwin Hamilton's of the older vintage, come to mind as being
improvable.  Re: Bass back scale.

The piano maker will see how little they need and then make the Judgement Call.

Regards Roger