Triple overstrung upright

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 09:22:42 -0700

Alan,
I tried viewing the photos with your link below, but got a Forbidden
message saying something like I didn't have permission to access this
account.  Any suggestions?  I felt like I was back in Catholic school
:>)

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Alan Forsyth
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 5:27 AM
To: files@ptg.org
Subject: Triple overstrung upright

For PIANOTECH List

Dear listed ones,

>>> Post as many pictures as you like.

Ron N>>>

Okay, so I guess you want them. I've edited the pictures down to size a

bit
but this may have altered the resolution slightly, not that it was much
anyway as I was only using a webcam. You might note the 3 steps in the
pinblock.  Also check out the gradations in the hammer line.
Does anyone think that this could have just been a prototype or
experimental
version?
The keyboard and action slide out as a unit, but there is no una corda
mechanism which is a pity. Many German pianos of this era had this
feature.
I have been asked to re-string the beast and am thinking that I will
have to
use 3 separate sheets of paper to rub the bass string patterns. This is
really going to bamboozle the string makers.

Attachments below.

Regards
Alan Forsyth
Edinburgh.