Geo. Steck Grand

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 23:28:38 -0500

I own the 1920 version of that piano. I'd be very interested in any data you
are given, find, or generate. Assume they didn't change much, anyway. I will
be restringing this piano and the strings on it are not, I believe,
original. So it would be helpful to have more info to think about when I go
to do it.

Somewhere around here I have a facsimile of a vintage Steck ad with a quote
from Richard Wagner about how much he likes their pianos, and a claim that
'Parsifal' was written on a Steck.

Thanks,

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Clark A Sprague
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:31 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Geo. Steck Grand

Hello, all!
        Anybody have the treble stringing scale for a 5' George Steck,
#N125583 (circa 1932)?  On the tail of the plate, it has 5-P  F.  The
Travis book has nothing with anything close to those numbers or letters,
and I was just hoping that someone has a scale for the treble, or do I
need to mike everything, and just duplicate what's there?  Thanks for
your help!
Clark Sprague