agraffes

Fri, 30 May 2003 22:25:04 +0200

"Owen J. Greyling RPT" wrote: Two questions about agraffes... 1.) Are
agraffes loose enough to be used as string spacers, an accident waiting
to happen? ( new entry level grand on showroom floor ) Yes, the factory
workers used the agraffes as adjustments for the trichord damper felt.

Arent they supposed to shim these things so that they are tight ???
 2.) In a decent quality grand ( rhymes with hamburger ), on another
showroom floor, would it be foolhardy of me to try to force a few
misaligned agraffes far enough that the strings could be levelled in the
same plane as the rest of them? These agraffes are tight, I could not
budge them with the small agraffe tool that fits in the combination
handle.

Who's paying ?? and how much are they willing to put out for in case
things go bad ? Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance, Owen Greyling

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.