falcone upright?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 31 May 2003 00:20:37 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/03 12:50:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:

> Anyone have experience with the Falcone upright piano?  A piano
> teacher-client just called (after he bought it, of course) as a second piano
> for his kids to practice on....
>
> It's not in his house yet, but I'm not sure he can get out of the deal.
> (with the place that rhymes with fiasco)
>
> Any info would be appreciated.

It's a Chinese piano made by Sejung.  Considering they've been around less
than 2 years(that's when they started construction--of the factory!), they put
out a presentable product.  The one I saw at the California PTG Conference had
a very nice sound and played quite well--after many hours of prep, of course.
Your client could have done worse.  Hopefully they didn't take out a second
mortgage to buy it...

I don't know if you recall my post of several weeks back whining about
placement of the jack-stop rail interfering with access to the let-off regulation
buttons....same manufacturer, only the piano you're asking about is considerably
newer.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl