Short Treble (sustain?)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:41:40 -0800

Stephane said: "Indeed, David, both sides, notches and top of bridge are
varnished."

Stephane,
YIKES!!!! Varnish on the TOP of the bridge is, IMO, a big NO-NO! Probably
the cause for the lack of sustain. It could be other things, but the varnish
on the top ain't helping things, fer sure!
I'd take a couple of unisons off of the bridge, scrape off the varnish,
being meticulous about the bridge pin area and the termination point. Put
the stings back on, tune and test. See what happens. Just my thoughts on
this.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police