Touchy subject

Piannerman@aol.com Piannerman@aol.com
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:25:49 EST

People,
      I am in need of some professional information that some of you can
supply and I would be grateful if you will share.  I really need to know how much
time I should budget to do a dealer prep on a new piano.  NOT PRICES, JUST
TIME.
     Now before I get any irate answers about different pianos requiring
different times, I understand all that.  These particular pianos are Chinese and I
understand they will require more time than a Yamaha.  (At least I've been
told that.)
     What I crave is like, what would be your best guess as to how much time
would be required to do a dealer prep on an average piano, in average
condition, for an average dealer.  I know a lot of assumptions will have to be made
and I apologize for being so vague but I have not done a dealer prep and am not
sure what all you need to do.  I am assuming you check all tolerances like
blow, dip, letoff, etc. and adjust to spec.
Thanks a bunch,
Charles Cron