Alternate temperaments

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:34:37 -0700

Thanks Ed,
I didn't intend to post this on the general list.  Guy is our chapter
president and we are having a special on aural tuning the ET at our next
meeting; on my wife's piano.  I'm guessing that there will be some less
than "sympathetic beats" coming from the undamped treble and to a much
lesser extent the damped strings while those of us who haven't set the
temperament aurally in a while try our hand at it.  We're thinking about
starting on the path that adds RTT to our monikers.  Probably should tune
it back but we like Young's and are thinking of trying some others on for
size.
My wife plays Chopin and likes how it sounds on this.  Bach is more
interesting here than on ET which makes us curious about Kellner's Bach
Well-Temperament.  I need to shoehorn another piano in here to try all
these different ones out on.

Andrew