Steinway bass string

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 20:47:58 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2003 2:53:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:
Friends,

I got a call today from a regular customer reporting that the E1 bass
string had torn on a 1979 model B.  I spliced the string for the time
being, but on a Steinway I think I should put in a new one.  Is it best
to order that from Steinway?  Do they make their own strings, or can I
order it directly from the string manufacturer and save a few bucks?

Regards, Clyde
 I heard that Steinway owned Mapes. Any body confirm that?
   Dale