Verituner Review

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:47:23 -0800

As a looooong time user of Accutuners, (previously Sight-O-Tuner,
plain/modified), Peterson, Yamaha, Conn & a couple other weirdo's that noone
has heard of. I have had an opportunity to check out the VT, several times.
Sometimes by itself and others in comparison to the SATII. My biggest
complaint, (one of many, in this regard), is that it's so damned busy
calculating, whatever it's calculating, the the darned spinner is all over
the place and NEVER really settles down enough to varify what the real pitch
is. Of course, I do not do "canned" tunings, but rather use ETDs to simply
be a measuring device that tell me what the piano needs. I prefer to do my
own calculating/comprimises, etc. I don't want no darned macheeen telling me
what it thinks the pianer needs, in regards to a tuning! Therefore, I'll
stick with my SAT II. I'll not get a SATIII, as it do anything that the
SATII is required to do, by me. All them "bells & whistles" are mostly Horse
Pucky, IMO! Besides, the buttons are too small for my big "meat-hooks"!
Likewise, I've looked at the Reyburn and TuneLab. Both are just as Adequate
as the SATs. One major drawback for them: No way in hell I'm toting a $2-3K
piece of equipment around that, if dropped, is toast! Dern laptops won't sit
on top of all the uprights, etc., that I do. The palm pilot thingees is good
ideer, but again, too danged fragile fer the likes of me.
Just my 76.5cents worth, (inflated from 1969 when the dollar was "devalued",
whatever the heck that means!)<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police