Player Pump Installation

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 00:11:03 -0600

> I like a re-roll and shut-off with a suction box. People put a roll on
> and wander off like the piano is a radio providing background noise.
> The re-roll and shut-off saves the rolls from being eaten quite as
> often or badly. I also like a re-roll speed governor box to prevent
> the Mach 3 re-rolls and flap-beater thing at the end. Yea, I know the
> PPCo unit has a two speed controller that allows a slower re-roll
> speed, but by the time the reservoir is expanded and the motor winds
> down, the roll is half re-wound.
>
> Ron N

Continueing that thought, take along a standard 88 test roll and at the
end of the roll are slots on left left for specifically for reroll. Make
sure that the tracker is hosed for that re-roll slot. If its an old
enough tracker bar, it probably will not have the re-roll hole. If that
is the case, you might have to pick a slot, say the last note on the
left and make it the reroll hole. Or replace the tracker bar with a new
one that has the reroll control in it. Either case, make sure the
customer knows where the hole is because they can retrofit old rolls
with reroll control - I have used a standard hole punch and, about when
the end of the music is on the take-up spool, punched a hole in the roll
for reroll control at the spot.

P.S. About 35 years of collecting rolls

--
Duaine Hechler