"training" pianos?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 06:52:15 -0600

>Oh well..I must be doing something terribly wrong..I do contract work
>for a dealership, and I tell all of the people who have bought new
>pianos that they need to be tuned within 6 months of the free warranty
>tuning. Then depending on play, once a year from there.
>
>I have my reasons for this, and they certainly are arguable amungst my
>peers and Jim Jolly, but I have proof to back up my claim that here in
>SWFL, this scenario works very well.
>
>Go ahead..challenge me...make my day!!
>
>-Phil Bondi(FL)

Where you are, that is probably quite reasonable. Here, we have seasons -
lots of them. Here in the belly button of the country, a new piano will
need a 25 cent+ pitch raise some time in the first year. I recommend three
tunings the first year, two the second, and at least once a year after that
depending on their tolerance and climate control.

Ron N