"training" pianos?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:55:26 -0600

>In a message dated 05/11/03 7:53:00 AM, RNossaman@cox.net writes:
>re: Phil Bondi, RPT
><< Where you are, that is probably quite reasonable. >>
>
>Now Ron don't give him any slack here. For instance when he said "I have my
>reasons for this,..." you could have said......Yes, and those reasons are????
>
>  And then he 'probably' would have answered........ I take care of the
> pianos
>from the time they reach the showroom until they are delivered to the
>customer and they have mostly been tuned several times prior to
>delivery.............but what do I know.....hmmm maybe we should send a
>committee down there to
>check his veracity!! Conrad?
>Jim Jolly

But I thought I already knew his reasons, and I don't think that's them. My
experience is that the number of tunings before delivery doesn't have much
to do with tuning stability after delivery. Taking the piano through a
hefty humidity swing or two before delivery would likely produce better
results. Along those lines, I think Kimball's Mezzo Thermonial Stabilizer
was nearly a good idea.

Ron N