Short Treble (sustain?)

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:44:30 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 03, 2003 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: Short Treble (sustain?)

> >Only in getting the center rod in place. Those thick wires can get
pretty
> >hard to bend.
> >
> >Del
>
> Boy, I bet that's right! A small ridge on the top back side of the center
> pillar would give a plier type tool an anchor place that would make
> installing the center rod easy. Getting one out without cutting the wire
> might be a real challenge.
>
> Still, I like the idea.
>
> Ron N

-----

We installed the center rod using a flat "punch" about the width of the rod
and with a groove milled in the punch end. Just lay the rod down in front
of the center post, set the punch on top, get the angle right and give it a
good rap with a hammer. If the strings are not overly tight it will pop
right in.

As you say, getting it out is another issue.

Del