Short Treble (sustain?)

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:35:14 +1100

--============_-1144054379==_ma============
>Got to thinking a bit about this bend and the agraffee in general and I
>have a question I am wondering about. Just how well will the string
>render through the agraffe, and how does that compare with the standard
>bridge pin ?
>
>Cheers
>RicB

If the string offset angles were kept the same as for a standard
pinned bridge (say 10 -12 degrees), the double string offset will
increase the overall resistance to the ease of rendering, as you are
probably thinking (though as such it need not be detrimental to
tuning stability). Unless the offset angle is reduced, in the case of
the double offset agraffe, there will be an increased propensity to
pull the bridges over. However, the latest agraffe design (from this
manufacturer) is much improved over the first version in this
respect. The first version, while it had only a single string offset,
subjected the bridge to a significant forward rotation force. See
image below;

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY