Analine dyes and epoxy

Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:48:32 -0500

David -

Alcohol soluble dyes will work with epoxy, but the best product I'm aware
of for this task is Mohawk's "Blendal Powder Stain", which is an extra
finely ground pigment used for spot color replacement in finishes.  It is
a powder typically used with a padding lacquer, but is compatible with
anything I'm familiar with.  Available in about 40 colors, including
black and many different wood tones.  This avoids problems with hunks of
dye that haven't blended in well, as Guy points out.

Mark