Yamaha hammers

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:22:16 +0100

Drilling in the hammer does not help, you need force when the needles
go in the hammer so the fiber have a chace to break around and move.

Makin holes in extra hard hammers does not work in my experience, but
using more than one jab at the same place till the needles goes in and
then moving a little the voicing tool back and forth move the whole
stuff.

Using one long relatively thick needle works when it is inserted
slowly and with enough force in the underside of the hammer (aiming
for the felt extremity inside the moulding

I believe that the arm and shoulder of anybody is heavy enough to go
there, but the initial break is the harder to obtain, as we tend to
move as for less hard hammers.

The leaded voicing tool is called the "crusher" in france (le
defoncoir)

Good bashing !

Greetings

------------------------------------