Rib Gluing Repair

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:32:30 -0700

Terry,
   As Ron says, laying the piano on it's side may be needed. Also, I had=20
experience with an extremely hard-to-hear buzz (pretty much only showed up=
=20
on recording) SD-10 that turned out to be a metal filing hanging down from=
=20
the plate.
   As far as rib gluing goes, don't forget your vacuum cleaner. If you=20
adjust (permanently) the tip of a crevice tool, you can make it fit into=20
the 90=B0 formed between the rib and the board. Touch the crevice tool tip=
 to=20
a grinder, on both sides, as if sharpening a lathe gouge. Feed glue onto=20
the other side of the rib while applying suction to near side, and pull the=
=20
glue into the crack. I would use thinned wood glue. Fun, noisy, and you can=
=20
think of all kinds of crude puns as you work.

Later,
Guy