Value of 1880 Bechstein no. 11,212

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:38:58 EST

 List
 I need some feedback. I looked at a remarkably well preserved Bechstein. 6
1/2 ft in rosewood grand. My Dads shop finished & strung it 23 years ago. Quite
a good sound for a 123 yr. old board. Original leather covered
hammers.agraffes to the top, violin bridge, big tail. Perfect ivory. The sound is a little
woody in the top. I find the old designs with agraffes all the way up to be a
bit weak but this  was not bad.
 The rosewood case has nice carved legs, round fallboard, & beautiful cutout
type music desk. I have trouble getting excited about pianos this age but
someone would. I need a range of evaluation for insurance purposes. I have an idea
but don't want to say till I hear from some of you who perhaps have a better
grasp of this market. Oh, it has a 3 legged matching original stool as well.
    Thanks in advance
      Dale