Full Service Appointments

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:56:46 EST

I charge X dollars for a "service call" and allow 1-1.25 hours for that call.
Normally a 'service call' includes tuning and some additional 'stuff'
depending on what is needed.
Typically key cleaning and touch up voicing/regulation/etc.
 I do not do anything beyond basic tuning without mentioning what I am doing
to the customer. This allows the customer to know that more than tuning is
happening and decide for themselves whether to appreciate my effort. I don't make
a big deal of it though. Also when cleaning keys I always ask the customer
for the cleaning supplies....I feel this lets them participate and learn how to
clean the keys should they ever want to. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)