Yamaha hammers

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:16:17 +0100

Avery Todd wrote:

> But Ron, my question still remains. Why should it be necessary to stab
> ANY hammer that many times to get a decent sound. IMHO, if that's the
> case, the hammer isn't being "pressed" correctly! Wrong?
>
> OK, I'll go to bed now and behave myself!
>
> Avery

Not a question of right or wrong... correctly or incorrectly... its a
question of what the hammer manufacturer was trying to accomplish and how
well they succeeded. Some people, actually quite a few, feel very comfortable
with very dense hammers and the needling process that accompanies them...
some like these squishy muff ball things laquered up with enough dope to drop
a horse.... In between there are all sorts of variants.... and you are next
to guaranteed to find both the kind of hammer that fits your style best...
and at least a few techs who will insist in seeing things in terms of right
and wrongs... usually in the sense that there is a wrong way and there is
their way.

You ask WHY....??  Because We LIKE You !! :)

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne