Accu-Tuner ad

Carman Gentile cgpiano@humboldt1.com
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:33:11 -0800

After setting the FAC or selecting a factory FAC I've been tuning from A0
to C88. I don't think the sound is the same. Wayne Lutzow Lincoln, CA

Wayne,

   I, for one, never tune straight from A0 to C88.  I use an ETD and tune
in the same order as aural: 1.temperament area, 2.treble, 3.bass,
4.unisons.   I occasionally test the intervals as I go along because I know
that my ears hear things the ETD cannot hear.  I tell my clients that the
ETD does NOT replace listening.  But it sure is a BIG help for speed and
for stability in setting the pins.   "My ears have the last word." heh heh

Carman Gentile RPT
Redwood Chapter