Keith Jarrett interview

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 19:47:28 +0100

Chostakovitch, not Shostaxxxx !

The analogy between the playing of Electric piano and tuning with EDT is yet
quite feasible I 'd say - this poison that slowly introduce itself in your
soul ;>)

Unfortyunately true, using an EDT at first change your tuning for the better
(for most of us) but also change slighly your perception of the job.

When using RCT, I've tuned 2 Steinway D for a concert, one with the RCT, one
without it, and do the opposite on the next day ; my ears have been
accustomed enough to the sound of the RCT tunings that I obtained the same
tuning on the 2 pianos.

I did not make the same experiment with the VT, but I regularely leave it
home, I have even made chromatic PR plus tuning as fast as with the EDT, and
I believe with the same accuracy more or less, let's say !) The use of the
VT learned me how to recognize more a better partial matching between
octaves, not pushing too much the strech even when room accoustic allow for
it.

Greetings

                       Pianomania

                        Isaac OLEG
                        accordeur - reparateur - concert  19 rue Jules Ferry
                        94400 VITRY sur SEINE
                        oleg-i@noos.fr  tel:
                              fax:
                              mobile:  033 01 47 18 06 98
                              33 01 47 18 06 90
                              033 06 60 42 58 77

            Powered by Plaxo Want a signature like this?