Machines, again, (was Accu-Tuner ad)

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:26:54 +0100

Hi there Allen...

You have a good point, and I think its rather a pivotal one, aside from
the seemingly opposing one dealing with the general effect a decreasing
demand for acoustic pianos as a whole. Personally, I think that music
will move away from traditional literature as the market forces more and
more use of electronics instead of acoustics. It has struck me as nearly
astounding how difficult it is to get any of the more experiemental
contemporary music produced, or get an audience of any size to attend. I
can only interpret this as revealing the majority of human kind are not
yet conditioned, or ready for it. But thats gotta change.... I mean just
listen to the stuff coming out of the popular vernaculars... and
remember that << classical >> or << serious >> music has always found
huge amounts of its thematic material from the more folk near forms.
Looks to me like its all only a matter of time. We are seeing a drastic
move into the virtual realm of existance in so many ways.... music is
bound to follow.

At least thats what my eyes see when straining to look into the future.
But I'll be the first to allow for the cloudyness of future view :)

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne