MC gage experiment

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:03:59 -0600

>Ron:
>
>I appreciate you offering this.  If I may just clarify what might seem
>obvious.  Does this gauge, then, follow the panel around that you are
>working on?  Once you have a reading for the size of your gauge at a
>specific MC, do you simply put the gauge in the hot box with the panel and
>when the gauge reads your target then it must be assumed that your panel
>has also?  If that's the case, then I assume you take the gauge out when
>the panel comes out and goes back in when the panel goes in.
>

>David Love

That's the idea. Instead of interpolating panel MC from the average of
repeated temperature and RH% measurements, I now have a direct MC% gage
that responds at about the same rate as the in-progress panel. When the
gage hasn't moved over a 24 hour period, I can reasonably assume the panel
hasn't either, and I can thus be reasonably sure the panel MC is close to
the reading taken from the gage. I like tools that make life simpler, and
this is as idiot resistant a method of determining MC in a panel by
independent but coexistent instrumentation as I've ever seen anywhere,
supplying a nearly 1:1 direct analog mirror of the panel reaction to humidity.

Ron N