Broadwood grand

Rob Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:08:03 -0600

Note quite.  The one I have does not have agraffs.  It has a continuous
brass rail with holes that the strings pass through in front of the pin
block.  There are only two strings per note.  The plate is not in one piece
but rather 5 separate components.  The only solid part is where the hitch
pins are inserted, (hitch plate I think they called them).  The remaining
parts are simple braces that are screwed together of which there are only
two in the center.  There is a very unique hitch pin arrangement.  They are
arranged in two rows.  Every other note shares a common string and two hitch
pins.  The strings between them are on a single hitch pin but also share two
notes.  The pictures will illustrate this better.  There are no dampers in
the top section.