Searching for NYC tech

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:58:42 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to reconstruct the history of my 1933 Wissner concert grand.  =
It would have lived its entire life in New York City, and the owner =
before last was an opera coach for the Metropolitan Opera.  I *think* =
the piano probably belonged to the Met before that, but they are unable =
to confirm -- no records.  I am hoping a tech might remember it or have =
it in his/her records somewhere. =20

Does anybody know either of the New York City techs who would have made =
these markings?  (See photo...)

http://www.wonderfulhome.info/wissner/wippen3.jpg

It appears that N.N. replaced the wippens in 1971, and Stovi / Stori / =
Stoni would have probably done some general work (name signed in pencil =
in various locations throughout piano).

Also, can anyone identify the manufacturer of this wippen for me?

I'd appreciate any leads.  Thanks!

Peace,
Sarah