pinblock duplicating jig

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:08:18 EST

In a message dated 11/14/03 11:10:15 PM, ANRPiano@aol.com writes:

> My natural tendency is to do for myself (I even do my own nickel plating) I
> would like to design and build something which could work within the
> constraints of my shop

When buying a bridgeport try for the affordable round ram type, the series M
and J1&2 run $1600.00 and up. I don't have a tracer but I did build a cam type
follower that clamps to the quill of the mill, and I put a weight on the feed
lever to ensure follow. Add a table feed and you can make passes unattended
by an operator. IF you get a mill it will ruin your life by opening up endless
tool-making capabilities. For example I flat badly dinged keysticks with a
flycutter on the mill.
BTW, what system do you use for nicle plating ?
Glenn C.