pinblock duplicating jig

Yardarm103669107@aol.com Yardarm103669107@aol.com
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:20:52 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2003 10:14:48 PM Central Standard Time,
ANRPiano@aol.com writes:

> I tend to work fast and try to be as efficient as possible.  This often
> also entails taking educated guesses as to how the fitting will proceed and make
> some the initial fitting trials more aggressive.  When it comes to the more
> involved multiple level blocks it does take longer than one hour, but on a
> standard type I try to move it along quickly.  For me speed improved quality, I
> find fast work usually means efficient work habits which produce consistent
> repeatable results.

As ever we all do, Andrew. While I have never seen a block "fully
fitted"--100% wood only contact with the flange--even with the best pianos, getting a
block to "fit" 60, 70, 80% takes repeated passes and very fine shaping. I don't
know of anyone who can do this in under an hour. Are you talking about glassing
the blocks or some other procedure?

PR-J