Plugging blocks

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:01:34 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: November 15, 2003 5:21 PM
  Subject: Plugging blocks

              Hey Terry
     I've only done one of these & if I were doing it again I'd plug it =
again. I don't beleive it's possible for me  to duplicate all that case =
mortising without compromising all that original structural integrity , =
nor do I want to. Besides plugging is fairly painless once you get set =
up & with good maple plugs  feels  like, well.... A good maple block
     Dale

And have you looked at any of these plugged blocks ten years after? =
Twenty years? I have. That's why I still duplicate the original. With a =
little practice it's not really all that big a deal.

Del