Help with Steinway Model..

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:20:31 +0100

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 11/15/2003 3:04:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
>
>      I care for a brand new Hamburg A here in Bergen, and I
>      agree.. its a
>      very nice parlour instrument. Speaks with quite a bit more
>      authority
>      then its size ofte times yeilds in instruments from many
>      other
>      manufactures. Nice piano.
>
>      Cheers
>      RicB

Ric

    Any idea what the piano sells for in U.S. dollars. I feel N.Y goofed
when they discontinued this gem!
    Dale

I will check on the Norwegian price... the Kroner is about 7 to one
against the dollar. (7 NOK = 1 USD), and prices in Norway are
artificially high on most things because of the very aggressive tax and
fees politics in this country. But as I remember she paid about 350,000
NOK. Dont quote me on that tho. I'll ask her tommorrow or Tuesday.

Cheers
RicB

btw A brand new Steinway D (Hamburg) goes for 1,100,000 here in
Norway... including artist bench, a trip to Hamburg to pick out your
instrument, and the usual cakes, muffins, champagne, and other
butterings they use :).... so 1,075,0000 for the piano.... roughly. Not
much room for pushing the price down either.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.