Help with Steinway Model..

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:48:26 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2003 11:26:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hufford1@airmail.net writes:
In my opinion  the longscale A- the 6ft four inch one, should not
even be considered an A but, actually, another model.  It shows the
continuity in the company's view of the power of marketing, which
persists to this day,  that they would introduce another model,
substantially different than the first three mentioned above, and yet
refer to it by a designation which actually had applied to a
substantially different piano.  Some things never change.
Regards, Robin Hufford
 Robin

  So true. It truly is in a class by itself. I like looking at it this way. I
must say that I'm also fond of the square tail As -2 in spite of the shorter
length it's quite a piano.
   Dale