Inventors wanted

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:38:23 -0000

Hello Philip J Ryan
You said:"Seriously though,  I can envision a battery-powered tuning hammer
that
would nudge forward and/or  backward just a trifle when a trigger is
pulled. Is such a thing feasible?  Or am I being pollyannaish?  How about
interfacing this with a ETD?  Maybe to a Clapper device? (Grin)  Any
thoughts?"
I made a comment early on in this post that I understood Yamaha to have a
power tuner which turns all the pins at one go. This is in order to equalise
the tension across the plate etc. as the piano is being brought up to pitch
for the very first time.... (I don't think I would like to be within hearing
distance when that noise is going on! ;-)
Regards
Michael G (UK) nearly News Time in the heart of the South Downs