Steinway V dampers

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:22:39 -0500

At 9:52 PM -0500 11/19/03, Tvak@aol.com wrote:
>Neither Schaff, nor Pianotech carry anything like this.  Any
>suggestions?  I didn't try contacting Steinway directly...

What Steinway sells for Model K damper felt is not the Kawai felt
(with the Kawai actions), nor was it the Renner felt when they were
getting the actions from Renner. It resemble the felt they put on
their shorter verticals. But the plain treble flat felt is as you
describe: "sugar cube" felt block at either end of a veneer platform.

If you get it from NY Steinway, the K scale damper felt probably
won't work in your V's bass or tenor. But you'll get the flats you're
looking for.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it"
     ...........Steve Forbes, quoting his father, Malcom