Yamaha mystery noise

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:49:54 -0800

Leads on the underlevers are a likely source, but I would also check the
drop screws.  I have had occasion where they become loose from poor tapping
combined with expansion and contraction in the wood and they will make a
bit of a clicking/rattle noise when contacted by the balancier.  If they
are loose a tiny drop of thin CA at the base does the trick.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net