1876 Knabe grand with screw in dampers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:13:57 EST

 List
  It must be my month for old relics.First an 1880 bechstein, 1870 9 ft
steinway ugh.
  However I just took in this amazingly well preseved piano for some light
rebuilding. ie. strings ,shanks hammers, dampers etc. The board and bridges in
remarkably good condition with power & sustain. The down size is that it has
the screw in damper wires & I must remove them to string & replace the felt.
What does one do other than spending half a day unsrewing the bloomin thingees?
   Dale