Something's wrong with this picture...(Bechstein 7'4")

aMeRy cHaY aquatred_chay@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:29:45 -0800 (PST)

Good day list,

I was doing some "piano shopping" on ebay and I came
across this rather promising Bechstein (at least, in
words...)

I noticed something strange...the dampers seem to
terminate fairly early up the scale...at around note
66 as to be seen in the picture. I am no Bechstein
expert, but certainly well informed enough to know
that we don't get damperless keys 3/4 up the scale.
Was this piano incompletely rebuilt? Or is this
something new that I have never seen before? Just a
question of interest...hope i get some replies....

thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2574757279&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

alternative: http://tinyurl.com/w0tc

Amery