Changing upright bridge location & affects

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 08:01:11 -0500

Hi Dale,

Del rescaled a M&H 54" upright for me and we went from the cantilevered =
bass to a solid, directly-attached, bass bridge. However, the speaking =
lengths on note #1 only changed from 46.5" to 46.3" and from 38.7" to =
38.4" at note #26 (highest bass note).

So I guess this might confirm your though that you new speaking lengths =
will not be unusually short.

Sorry, this doesn't help you with your damping questions though. =
Interesting concern though - would sure like to hear what others may =
have found in cases such as this.

Regarding bass bridge shape and ultimate position - is it not best to =
let that be determined by rescaling data? And it might be interesting to =
see how the scaling would work out if a transition tenor bridge was =
considered.

Has anyone ever offered a class in string rescaling at the conventions?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20