Foundation request

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:00:43 EST

Hello to All,

     In my search for rare pianos for the
new  Museum I have the following request.

    About 1900  Frank Conover built a very
different "Grand" Piano. Its name was
"The Pompadour".  It  was   grand shaped
and rested vertically on a platform that had
four Square (grand)  piano legs.

   My best information is from the1940s or 50s.
This is in the form of a Chicago  news paper
article about  the Schroeder & Sons Piano
Shop.  At that time they were rebuilding a
Pompadour.  There is a picture of Paul and
Fred Schroeder working on this piano.

  All my research indicates only about  six
were built.

   Any Information you can send about this
Piano or the Schroeder Piano Shop. will
be appreciated.  If you wish to phone, my
number is   972-278-9312.  I will return
your call.

   I know this will takes a little time but we
need your help,  We are trying to build a
first class museum for the members of
P.T.G.  Not only  for now but for future
Generations of Technicians. It could be said

" A house of the past built for the future "

Regards, to all and
to our  Profession

Jack Wyatt