Bad Rap

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:21:48 EST

<<  What is the best way to
>  "break the news" to a customer that her precious
>  piano, instead of being beautifully restored by a Wise
>  and True Craftsman, actrually seems to have been
>  badly mauled by a malicious, juvenile chimp on street
>  drugs ?  >>

   When I am faced with this decision, I simply tell the customer that the
work was not done to what I consider acceptable standards. Then I tell give them
an estimate for repair based on what the piano needs as it sits in front of
me.  Then I give them a bill for the examination, telling them that if they
choose to have the work done properly, the cost of the exam will be deducted from
the repair bill.
   If they are irrascible, penny-pinching, paranoid, complainers, then I
certainly don't want them as a customer and this approach seems to weed them out.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">
MP3.com: Six Degrees of Tonality</A>