action brackets needed

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:53:35 EST

In a message dated 25/11/03 12:42:43 PM, Life4opera@aol.com writes:

<< so I took today one of
the old ones to a casting iron facility and see if they can come with a
affordable solution.
thanks for the help
Eduardo >>

Eduardo;
 Before going to all this trouble I think I would check and see if *J-B
WeldŽ* will do the trick for you.
J-B WeldŽ is a metalicized, two part epoxy and forms a very strong unit when
cured.
 I would think that a thin strip of brass/steel/tin, etc. in conjunction with
the J-B WeldŽ laid on each side of the brackets would provide a very good
bond and probably be as strong as the original bracket. Anyhow it would be worth
experimenting with before going to all the  expense and trouble of casting new
brackets.
My view.
 Jim Bryant (FL)