Hammers- alcohol treatment/Isaac

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:39:33 -0000

Hello Avery Todd, Don Rose and list
Thanks very much for the very detailed reply to my request. I am, as ever,
struck by the sincere desire of you all to impart genuine knowledge,
"know-how"and help to those like myself who ask. The question of:
Tools required.
"1.  40 Watt Weller soldering iron with brass voicing head."
This 40 Watt job - is it one of those soldering irons with a "U" shaped bit?
And what is this 'voicing head', what does it look like, how is it fitted
and is it home made or commercially available?
And:
"2.  Yamaha style voicing Blocks. 8" & 2 1/2" Length"
What do these look like?
" With very little practice the whole job can be
accomplished with the action resting in your lap at the piano."
Am I right in assuming a grand piano is being dealt with here?
Are there pics of this equipment? Then I might be able to cobble some
together...!
Many thanks - this goes straight into my 'archives-from-the-pianotech book!'
Michael G (UK) 'Twas night time in the Sussex Downs.... Dark, forbidding...
almost tangible":-)