Glue

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:09:42 -0600

OK, I know I'll get flamed by some but I have a brand new flame=
 suit so I'm safe.

Where can I find some good glue for hammers?  I'm tired of using=
 hot hide glue.  It's fussy!  If you use it straight it jells=
 before you get the hammer in its final position.  If you use to=
 much additive it is weak.  It gets moldy between uses.  I still=
 get loose hammer heads even when doing it right.  As far as I=
 can tell none of the current factories use hide glue for hammers=
 and I don't find loose hammer heads on them.  I know Andre has=
 some glue listed on his web site, but it's not available here. =

Suggestions?

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts