Extra Damper Lever Assembly

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:33:39 -0600

Joey, Clyde,

Got to thinking more about the actual function/purpose of that lever.
It's primary purpose may not necessarily be what I said at all.

More likely on a piano that has this added damper lever, the damper
lever lift rod is actually two rods, allowing the bass dampers to be
lifted independently.

So maybe this lever's actual purpose is intended to keep the two rods
in contact with one another acting as though it were one.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild