Dummy Damper/Tom

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:41:43 -0600

>To repeat my position: I am asserting that the auxiliary damper lever's
>primary purpose is not for such a thing at all, but was introduced with
>the two lift rod pianos in mind to keep the two rods acting as though they
>were one.

The bass damper lift pulls the bass section of the rod away from the tenor
section, and the damper lift from the tenor section lifts the bass directly
by the tenor section bar. That will happen whether the auxiliary lever is
holding the sections together or not. So what's the benefit of merely
holding the sections together, and the penalty for not?

Ron N