Yamaha grand action tweaks

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 02:01:53 -0700

on 9/29/03 9:34 AM, Ajay Mistry at ajaymistryin@yahoo.co.in wrote:

>> Hi can you please explain th first piont in detail
> what do you mean by front edge of the key frame is
> almost slapping .
> Thanks in advance
> Ajay Mistry.

When the cheekblocks are screwed in, and you turn all the glides down so the
balance rail is lifting, at some point the front rail will lift off  the
keybed, and you'll hear a "knock" or a slap when you play a note hard or
when you tap on the front edge of the keyframe with your hand or a small
rubber hammer.  You don't want that knocking or slapping sound, so don't
turn the glides down that much; that's why I said a half-turn (180degrees)
on the glide pin with the tuning hammer is safe. Usually. <g>

Hope this helps......
David A.