Hide Glue Source

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:16:33 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Of the hide glues that I've tried that are available in something less than 50 lb quantities, the best has been the Behlen Master.  Available here, among other places:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Glues,_adhesives/Wood_glue/Ground_Hide_Glue.html

Phil Ford

Thanks Joe,
I forgot to say that i'm not thinking about building soundboards, just using it for action work, so i guess it doesn't have to be the absolute ultimate strongest holding glue in the world.......

My brother however, is building/repairing violins, and wants to get back to natural glues for this, so i guess he will need a little extra strength.

I see that there is a web site at http://www.milligan1868.com/ but not much info there. I shall email them to see if they already have worldwide distribution.

Scott Jackson
Wollongong, Australia