Fw: RC vs CC again

Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:02:23 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: October 02, 2003 2:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Fw: RC vs CC again

   =20
  Delwin D Fandrich wrote:=20

     =20
    I do not know of any way to predict the panel stiffness of a =
compression-crowned soundboard system. Even if a formula were developed =
I suspect the many variables would degrade accuracy to the point of =
uselessness.
  Well... obviously you must have some way of finding the overall =
stiffness of the CC board...  or you couldnt know an RC board could be =
made stiffer at all.. let alone for any particular comparisons sake.=20

Ah, that.... While I can't predict the stiffness of a =
compression-crowned soundboard through the design process I can eassily =
find out how stiff an existing panel is. Simply apply a known force and =
measure deflection.

Del