RC vs CC again

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 07:09:52 -0400

I guess then you would have a laminated rib constructed of two =
laminations with one of the laminations being excessively thick. With =
laminating, you need at least four or five laminations (at least =
relating to the dimensions and materials commonly used in rib/cut-off =
bar/bridge/etc. construction) to get to a state where the laminated =
assembly will not experience significant springback. A two laminate =
assembly might have 40% or 50% springback. In your case below, you would =
have one laminate trying to spring back and the machined one trying to =
stay in an arc. I think you'd end up with an unpredictable mess!

Is it like late at night or something over there? Go to bed - tomorrow =
will be a better day!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 4:38 AM
  Subject: Re: RC vs CC again

   =20
  Don wrote:=20

    Hi Ric,=20
    Increasing the height of the ribs on a true C.C. board would seem to =
me to=20
    increase the stress on the board--not reduce it.=20
     =20
    =20

  Dont remember suggesting it would reduce stress on the board... but I =
did understand Dels point.=20

  But here's a thought down the bunny path to think about...=20

  Say you have a pure CC panel already assembled and crowned... and THEN =
you decide to increase rib height..... and you use machine crowned ribs =
that match the already existing crown to glue on the the undeside of the =
existing ribs.=20

  Whats the point ??... just musing... :)... for now that is.=20

  Cheers=20
  RicB=20
  --=20
  Richard Brekne=20